Yeah! This is a short-list about what to do this summer (we still have August and September!) in Chicago! So, check it out and let’s have fun – Read it and go – There are the coolest ones!
1. Catch the view at the Hancock Center’s Signature Lounge
Save the $20 you’d use to go up the Sears Tower (and get a much better view) by hitting the bar on the 95th floor of the Hancock Center.
2. Bike one of the country’s finest trail systems
3. Check out Chicago’s underground pedway
There are five miles of subterranean tunnels and overhead bridges linking more than 40 Downtown blocks.
4. Museum of Contemporary Art
Free on Tuesdays for IL residents!
5. Enjoy a killer view of the city at Promontory Point
One of the best parks in the city is also one of the least known, and the views of Downtown over the lake are simply incredible.
6. Run the bases where the Cubs last won the World Series
7. Free events in Millennium Park
There are free plays and events until late November.
8. Free wine happy hour (for guests) at Hotel Palomar
Free wine every evening from 5-6pm.
9. Tour a brewery
Revolution offers free tours Wednesdays-Fridays, available for groups of up to 30 on a first-come, first-served basis.
10. Explore one of only seven Baha’i Temples in the world
It’s also one the most beautiful buildings in the state. Which is nice!
Cécile lives in Chicago though is originally from southern France. She’s an avid traveler and is always excited by new adventures. After living in Ireland, Australia and Canada, Cécile is an advocate of having a routine but not staying comfortable for too long.